Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gone by Jim Chappell

I really love this piano piece. :)
It's very touching. :)



I never knew until that moment
how bad it could hurt
to lose someone you never really had.

Days can be tough 
and sometimes cruel,
too much for one to bear alone.

If you feel you can't hold any longer, 
i'll take your hand
and we'll go through with it together.

And if you can stand on your own again
and you won't need me anymore
i will let go if that would make you happy.

If your heart feels empty,
just tell me and i'll step inside.
but if one day you'll be needing that space for someone else,
don't you worry ... i'll step out and gladly give my space.

It's amazing how easily you fall inlove with someone
who simply smiles or stares at you,
the only hard thing to do is
to make that person fall for you.

They say that time heal wounds
but all is it done so far is give me one more time
to think about how much i miss you.

Okay, so maybe time heal most wounds right ?
then why does it feel like
the wound is getting bigger and bigger every second.
Or maybe love is just a beautiful dream,
and then we wake up.

When love is lost, 
do not bow your head in sadness
instead keep your head up high and gaze at the stars
for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.

What is the opposite of two ?
a lonely me .. 
a lonely you ..

They say relationships are like glass ..
that sometimes it's better to leave them broken
than risk hurting yourself in trying to put it back together.

Yet ,  lost in your heart ..
lost in your eyes ..
lost everyday ..
no map to follow.

Entire days, weeks a blur
flickers of light in the darkness
only to be enveloped in shadows once more.

And yet with the shadows of pain,
might be the faint flicker of love once felt
and that could make all the darkness
worthwhile ..

Because a single "I Love You"
is worth more than a thousand goodbyes.
I am tired of chafing my heart
against the want of you
of squeezing it into little inkdrops
and posting it.

Ask me why
i keep on loving you
when it's clear that you don't feel
the same way for me.

The problem is that
as much as i can't force you to love me,
i can't force myself to stop loving you.

So I tell myself
count the garden by the flowers,
never by the leaves that fall.
Count your life with smiles
and not with the tears that roll.

Though sometimes tears say
all there is to say
and the first scars
don't ever fade away.

Just be thankful that for a moment,
you felt love once looked your way.

2 comments: